Monday, February 20, 2006

The Good Wife

i've said it before, and i'll keep saying it again until he finally gets it, i love my husband. i love him so much that my heart breaks when he seems to doubt me. i'm working really hard to keep both me and him happy, which is made even harder lately because we're moving away from the city i've called home for the past five years, to retun to his hometown. (not that moving to the san fransisco area is a bad thing at all... i'm just going to miss my friends and manhattan more than he seems able to understand.)

You see, the problem is that the husband doesn't seem to get the fact that my friends are still my friends even if i haven't known them since childhood. some of the people i've met over the past five years, or even the past year, mean a great deal to me, and i depend on them to help me get through everyday life, lift my spirits and keep me sane. they share in my joy when i'm happy, and let me cry on their shoulders when i'm sad. in his eyes, if you havn't known someone for ten years, they can't possibly be anything other than an acquaintance. (which i guess puts me in an awkward category in his mind...)

I'm just scared that in six months i'll be living somewhere i don't know anyone, other than my husband, his family and his friends. which puts me in my least favorite roll--that of marc's-wife. it really becomes all one word, as if it were actually my name.
at least in new york i still have my own identity.

For now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home